Community Learning with Thurrock Adult Community College
Invite us to ‘your place’ and learn together with your community group or school
Look out for FREE or very low cost Community Engagement courses and workshops popping up across Thurrock and taking place in a variety of our Community Learning Partnership Venues. In 2018-19 we delivered a wide range of Family Learning courses across Thurrock in schools, Children’s Centres and Community Hubs. We also delivered Wellbeing and Employability courses at new venues in Stanford-le-Hope and Chadwell-St-Mary.
Each year we build on our Community Engagement offer to meet the changing needs of local communities. If you are an existing social group or have a group of friends who would like to come together to learn something, contact our friendly team on the details shown below.
We can arrange a free taster session at a community venue for many of our full courses advertised in the college brochure (a minimum of 8 people are required to enrol prior to the delivery of any Community Learning workshop).
Courses delivered in the community include:
Vocational / Employability
- Introduction to Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Step Into or Prepare for Employment courses
Self-Esteem, Mental Health and Wellbeing
- SMILE Wellbeing course for families
- Aiding Your Anxious Child
- Family Yoga
- Chair Yoga for Adults
- Smooth the Move to Secondary School
- Helping Hand: Course for the Bereaved
- Big Cook Little Cook
- Tooth Fairy Workshop
- Paediatric First Aid
Supporting Your Child's Education
- Keeping Up With Your Child's Numeracy and Literacy
- Once Upon A Time (supporting Early Years reading)
Family Learning Craft
- Christmas / Easter Crafts
- Bats, Hats and Cats
We also work with One Community and the Hub in Tilbury, as part of the TOPS and Tilbury Learning for Wellbeing projects. These projects are being funded by the ESF, providing support and training to help Tilbury residents gain employment.
For more details contact: