Covid-19 Update at Thurrock Adult Community College
Thurrock Adult Community College is continuing with plans for you to learn safely during the Covid-19 outbreak, with new rules to help keep both you, and our staff, safe. Our course guide is available to download from the home page and you can search and book on the Find A Course page. Please continue to follow the Government guidance for the latest guidelines to stop the spread by protecting yourself and others as well as familiarising yourself with the changes below to our operations:
The College is open
- Have an assessment booked?
We are assessing online. You will receive a phone call from the college with further instructions. Please do not come onsite
- Need to enrol or provide paperwork?
You can enrol online, from a digital enrolment form or over the phone. Please do not come onsite without an appointment. We are limited to one person only at the side reception desk.
- Will my class be online or onsite?
Our adult education and training classes are using a blended learning model. Many courses are now delivered online through distance learning, which means that there are fewer classes onsite at the college. This ensures that everybody can keep to the current Gov.uk safety guidelines to limit contact and stay safe.
- Need to pay?
We are now taking card payments only and you can provide your details over the phone including for instalment plan payments. We offer a 10% discount for courses paid in full at the time of enrolment.
What to Expect
- Restricted numbers using the building at any one time
- Pre-booked appointments only. No drop-ins will be available
- Payments for courses will be taken by card only
- Increased cleaning regimes, especially in toilets and communal areas
- Protective screens at the front and side reception desk
- Hand sanitiser dispensers on reception and outside toilet blocks.
- Please note that we are currently unable to offer room hire or the public use of the Learning and Development Hub
- Access to the Preschool is now through the dedicated side gate only.
The college building will not be open for drop-ins to the general public. Pre-book an appointment for:
- Enrolments that cannot be completed online or using our new digital forms (book via email@example.com)
- To provide evidence for fee remissions (book via firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Certificate collections that are not available electronically, when available from examining bodies (book via email@example.com)
- Assessments for qualification courses that can’t be completed virtually (book online at tacc.ac.uk)
- Lipreading course assessments (book online from the Find A Course Page)
- To check availability and use a computer in the Cyber Café (pre-booking essential, at least one day before, call 01375 372476)
- Learner Guidance and Support (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mental Health First Aider for learners (email email@example.com)
We ask that you bring your own face mask or visor and put on before entering the building and keep on whilst you are in any of the public areas of the building (including corridors, toilets and classrooms).
To use a public computer in our Cyber Cafe, you must phone us to make a booking in advance. Slots are limited to 2 hours.
Please note that opening hours may vary from week to week. See our website for any changes or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check and book appointments. When you arrive in the building, the front desk will not be staffed. A bell will be available for you to call a member of Learner Services to the desk when required.
You will see signs around the college that remind you to:
- Follow social distancing rules – keep a safe distance from others
- Sanitise your hands, on arrival before using the toilets,
- Wash your hands regularly
- Stay at home if you or a family member is showing symptoms or have tested positive for Covid-19. You should only go out to get tested.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth, unless you are unable to
- Respect those who may be unable wear a face covering due to an underlying health condition
- Go straight to your classroom after sanitising your hands
- Use disinfectant sprays provided to clean your desk and dispose of wipes in bin
- Bring and use your own pen and materials in class, if you can
- Wipe down any IT equipment before and after use
- Keep your bags and coats close to you, on your own desk
- Stay in your class ‘bubble’ to limit contact with others
- Follow tutor’s instructions for staggered dismissal when leaving class
- Stay alert to risk of infection and the symptoms of Coronavirus
- Tell your tutor immediately if you start to feel unwell.
Our mission is to provide adult education and make a positive difference to local people and their communities. The current Coronavirus situation is an anxious time for everyone. The health, safety and wellbeing of our learners and staff is essential at this time. As a College we have continued to deliver free online workshops and courses for the local community and have a blended learning approach on a full range of qualification and skills courses, with our College staff equipped to work and teach remotely as well as onsite, following safety guidelines to help adults retrain.
We thank you for your patience and understanding while we follow the restricted capacity and our administration teams work remotely as well as onsite. We recommend that you email any enquiry to email@example.com as you will receive a faster reply, during normal operating hours, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 3.30pm
Is the Preschool open?
Our Preschool is term-time only can now be accessed via the side entrance only - there is no longer access to the Preschool through the College building. Need a place for your child? Please call 01375 485868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the www.tacc.ac.uk/preschool page for more details.
Where can I find more Government and health information?
Residents, businesses and visitors in Thurrock should follow government information about the situation in the UK, along with guidance on what to do if you think you are at risk. For more details, please go to Thurrock Council's website for links to the latest government and health agency information and advice.
Our Course Guide 2020-21 is available to download online
Scan the QR Code to download and discover adult training opportunities available.
Search latest availability and book your course online from the Find A Course page to start your learning journey today!
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com