Family Learning (including free courses)
Thurrock's Family Learning team are based at TACC and offer a wide range of courses for parents/carers to boost confidence and build a child's self-esteem. The Department for Education states that parental involvement in a child's learning is a key factor for improving children's academic attainment and achievements. Booking in advance only. Places are limited - don't miss out!
Free activities for the whole family
- Cooking Together
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Wellbeing for Families
- Creative Writing - Let your imaginations run wild! (Includes chance to enter a competition).
- Photography for Families
- Making Catapults
- Gardening for Families
- Making Planes and Gliders
Free courses for parents/carers
- Aiding Your Anxious Child
- Keeping Up With Your Children: Maths
- Keeping Up With Your Children: English
- ESOL: Supporting Bilingual Parents
- Why Do Children Do That? Understanding Challenging Behaviour
- Paediatric First Aid (fee payable)
We also offer an outreach programme to schools, Children's Centres and local community groups.
What do our learners say?
"The tutor is an absolute professional. She puts herself in everybody's shoes, be it a mum, a daughter, a working mum, a single mum and helps us see the wider picture. Thanks to her explanation and real-life experience, she lifes our morale, boosts our confidence and much more. She listens, she hears and she welcomes all sorts of ideas whether they are positive or negative (Bibi, March 2019)"