Financial Support for Learners

We may be able to offer some support to learners having financial difficulties.

You can apply for financial assistance from our limited Learner Support and Childcare Fund if you:

  • are enrolled on one of our Adult Skills Budget funded courses at Thurrock Adult Community College (2019-20)
  • are aged 19 or over
  • have been resident in the UK for 3 years before the course start date
  • live in a non-devolved area
  • more details available in the Learner Support Fund link or ask our Student Services team for assistance.

The level of support will depend on your circumstances. We may be able to help you with:

  • tuition fees
  • examination and accreditation fees
  • books
  • equipment
  • educational visits
  • external registration fees
  • travel to placements, where essential for the course
  • childcare fees

Childcare Costs

We may be able to help with childcare costs if you are a learner at Thurrock Adult Community College over 20 years old. Any childcare must be with an Ofsted-registered provider, such as a registered childminder, creche, nursery or preschool. Payment is made directly to the childcare provider.

We also have a Preschool on-site at Thurrock Adult Community College.

Who is eligible

If you are on a course that is eligible, the type of help you may get will depend on your personal circumstances. Please download our Learner Support Fund Factsheet for more details of assistance available, according to your circumstances.

Applying for Funding

If you think you are eligible, please ask Student Services for an application form. We will send you a written letter telling you the result of your application. If the application is unsuccessful, the letter will give you details of the appeal process.