Programmes for Young Adults
We run two programmes for young adults at Thurrock Adult Community College:
My Internship (MInt) - Supported Programme for Learners aged 16-24 who have an Education, Health and Care Plan
For people with learning disabilities and difficulties, the transition from school to adulthood and greater independence is often a difficult one. At Thurrock Adult Community College we have a range of programmes for young people, aged 16-24, who have an Education, Health and Care Plan, to provide support with working towards finding employment and living independently. Thurrock Adult Community College work in partnership with Thurrock Council and Thurrock Lifestyle Solutions to deliver this programme that helps young adults with high needs learn, grow in confidence, increase their independence and experience the world of work.
- Managing The Transition to Adulthood Programme (1 year)
- My Internship - MINT Programme (1 year)
To express your interest in the MInt Programme, starting September 2019, please call the college on 01375 372476 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prince's Trust Team Programme, for young people aged 16-25
If you're unemployed and between 16 and 25, you can meet new people, gain new skills and train on The Prince's Trust Team programme, based at Thurrock Adult Community College.
The 12-week personal development programme runs throughout the year and is delivered in partnership with Thurrock Council. It will help you meet new people, learn practical skills, gain experience and qualifications. The team programme is completely free and won't affect your Jobseekers Allowance.
If you join the Team programme, you will:
- take part in an action packed residential trip
- get two weeks' work experience in something you're interested in
- make a positive difference to the community with a group project in Thurrock
- develop your English and maths skills plus gain qualifications for the workplace including first aid, health and safety and food hygiene Level 2
- spend some time developing your interview and CV skills to ensure your confidence is sky-high for taking the next step
For more information about The Prince's Trust Team Programme or to join the next team please contact Tom Flynn on 07770 832059.