We have 2 programmes for Young Adults
Managing The Transition to Adulthood (MTA)
Education Programmes for Young People in Thurrock, aged 16-24 who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
For people with learning disabilities and difficulties, the transition from school to adulthood and greater independence is often a difficult one. The Managing the Transition to Adulthood programmes at Thurrock Adult Community College are aimed at young people, aged 16-24, who have an Education, Health and Care Plan and need some extra support with their next steps into further study, employment, volunteering and/or living independently.
Learn, grow in confidence, increase your independence and develop skills for further study and employment on full-time study programmes that are tailored to each young person's needs and personal goals.
This is a Preparing for Adulthood programme for High Needs learners aged 16-24 on an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Part of the Local Offer, Thurrock Adult Community College works in partnership with Thurrock Council, Grangewaters and Thurrock Lifestyle Solutions to deliver these programmes.
Full details available to download from the flyer in the Useful links section. To register your interest in the next programmes, starting in September 2021, please call the college on 01375 372476, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message in the web chat box.
Take a look at some of the activities the young adults on these programmes have been involved in:
- 2020-21 Learners: Video 1 - Managing the Transition to Adulthood
- 2020-21 Learners: Video 2 - Managing the Transition to Adulthood
- Creating a Courtyard Garden
- Charity Fundraising for PDSA
The Prince's Trust Team Programme, for young people aged 16-25
If you're unemployed and between 16 and 25, you can meet new people, gain new skills and train on The Prince's Trust Team programme, based at Thurrock Adult Community College.
The 12-week personal development programme runs throughout the year and is delivered in partnership with Thurrock Council. It will help you meet new people, learn practical skills, gain experience and qualifications. The team programme is completely free and won't affect your Jobseekers Allowance.
If you join the Team programme, you will:
- take part in an action packed residential trip
- get two weeks' work experience in something you're interested in
- make a positive difference to the community with a group project in Thurrock
- develop your English and maths skills plus gain qualifications for the workplace including first aid, health and safety and food hygiene Level 2
- spend some time developing your interview and CV skills to ensure your confidence is sky-high for taking the next step
For more information about The Prince's Trust Team Programme or to join the next team please contact Tom Flynn on 07770 832059.